During these hot summer days, one of the greatest things people take advantage of in heat is their air conditioning. But your A/C unit can only do so much. You don't want to keep your air conditioner running on overtime and driving up your energy bills. Even worse, you could wear it out and then you'll be experiencing one of the worst summers yet!
Here are 5 ways to show your air conditioning some LOVE:
- Make your windows work for you. If the air conditioner is running, make sure all windows and doors are closed. When the windows are opened and you're cooling your home, hot air will now flow faster into your home due to the temperature difference. Also, use the blinds and curtains to keep sunlight out properly, this impacts the temperature of your home more than you think!
- Make sure nothing is blocking ALL vents and ducts inside your home. The blockage causes the air conditioning not to reach that room and drives up your energy bill. Also, go ahead and vacuum the vents and ducts to ensure the air is flowing freely.
- Run ceiling fans to circulate the cool air. Turning on the ceiling fans will help the air to circulate around your home easier. Rather than cranking the A/C unit up, just turn on the fans throughout your home.
- Clean the filter. Many people forget to clean or change out old filters which can lead to massive underperformance from your system. Cleaning the filter is also one of the most important things you can do to keep your A/C unit from falling apart. Make sure to do a monthly cleaning to ensure that the A/C unit is working the best it can. We can HELP! Call us today at 410-867-1202 and we can send out on our HVAC Technicians to help you out!
- Seal up drafts in your home. Does your home experience temperature variations between floors? Is your upstairs too hot in the summer? Unsealed attics, basements, and crawl spaces allow your cool conditioned air to leak right out of your home, causing your A/C unit to work twice as hard, driving up your electric bill. If you're going to get the most out of your A/C unit, sealing up your attic, crawl space, or basement should be your top priority. Complete Home Solutions specializes in making your home more comfortable. Call us Today. We can HELP!
Call today at 410-867-1202 to schedule your free evaluation! We want to make your home more comfortable and energy efficient, helping you to stay cool during these hot summer days.