Blog

Don't Wait - Insulate!

Tuesday, January 5th, 2021 by Jessica Anderson


Don\'t Wait - Insulate! - Image 1

In order to have a healthy and comfortable home, it is important to add the recommended amount of insulation. If your home is older than 5 years,  there is a 9 out of 10 percent chance that your home doesn’t have enough insulation. The North American Insulation Manufacturers Association reports that 90% of homes in the U.S. are under insulated.  The main reason for this is because buildings codes have changed drastically in the last 5 years, not to mention insulation degrades and it becomes less effective over time.

The value of energy efficiency and the proper levels of insulation is obvious: It makes your home more comfortable, it saves you money on energy bills, and it saves the PLANET by reducing CO2 emissions.  It is a win-win.  These benefits are not new, but they continue to become more important as energy bills RISE. 

Since 2004, residential electricity prices have jumped 39%. In fact, the average homeowner spends $2,200 per year on household energy bills—which is 4% percent of their average pre-tax income. By way of comparison, median household property taxes are $2,090 per year.

Luckily, there are a couple of noticeable ways to tell whether or not your home is under-insulated.

1. Fluctuating temperatures. If each area of your home has noticable temperature differences, that is a sign of under-insulation. Especially from the upstairs to downstairs--TOO COLD in winter or TOO hot in summer.

2. Insects and rodents in your home. They get in through tiny crevices which is also how warm air escapes and cold air enters. Adding insulation can save you from high energy bills and help with pest invasions. 

3. High energy bills.  An increase in your utility bills is a sign that your heating and cooling systems are working overtime, which is another sign your house is under-insulated. 

Having a properly insulated home will not only save you money, it will also keep you comfortable in your home. 

Complete Home Solutions can help you. Give us a call today at 1-410-867-1202 to schedule a FREE estimate of your home.  Don't Wait Unitl It's Too Late!  Insulate!

our service area

We serve the following areas

MarylandDistrict of Columbia Our Locations:

Complete Home Solutions
5463 Southern Maryland Blvd Unit #5
Lothian, MD 20711
1-443-333-4999
Top