Friday, June 14th, 2019 by Michelle Burgee
One of the best feelings is walking into a cool, comfy, home during the hot summer days. Your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system plays an essential role in keeping your home, and your family, happy! But how do you know when it is time to get your HVAC system replaced? Having an Annual Preventive Maintenance Check-Up is a great start because the technician can give you a “heads up” that your system is not operating efficiently and may be at the end of it’s life.
If you are experiencing any of these TOP 7 WARNING SIGNS, it’s time to consider a heating and cooling system upgrade:
1. You’re hot in some rooms and cold in others: maybe your living room is always hot, but your bedroom is always cold, this is not a good sign. If some rooms in your home are not the right temperature this could be a problem due to the HVAC system or a bigger problem such as lack of insulation. Here at Complete Home Solutions, our Home Comfort Specialist are specialized in figuring out what the problem is, don’t wait until you are uncomfortable call TODAY at 1-410-867-1202
2. You know the system hasn’t been properly maintained: Annual Preventive Maintenance Check-Up are very important in ensuring that your HVAC system remains up to date and operating efficiently. Systems that are not checked regularly will stop working without warning! Regular preventative maintenance could have avoided this!
3. Your utility bills seem awfully high: Ask around with family and friends, even neighbors to see what they are paying for heating and cooling. If you are paying considerably more, you might want to get that checked out. A high utility bill could mean something is wrong with your HVAC system, it may not be operating correctly. A new system higher efficiency system could lower your utility bills drastically. Some high-efficiency systems can save up to 20 percent on heating and cooling costs. Over the course of the life of the systems, that really adds up!
4. You smell something odd coming out of the HVAC system: If your system is emitting a bad odor call one of our Home Comfort Technicians to have it checked out immediately! This smell could be caused by burned-out wire insulation or unwanted organic growth somewhere in your HVAC system.
5. Moisture is leaking from the HVAC system: Air conditioners create condensation while operating, BUT the drain tube should be directing this overflow of moisture. This can pose as a serious health risk or a problem with the draining tube, call on of our Home Comfort Technicians to get that checked out immediately!
6. Your AC is blowing hot air: Your air conditioner should be keeping you cool but if it is not you could have a problem with your compressor or thermostat! Or it could be a bigger problem such as poor airflow from your vents which is another sign that the compressor might be on its last leg. This can result from debris obstructions or issue with the ductwork in your home. Call one of our Home Comfort Technicians to get that checked out immediately!
7. Strange sounds are coming from the HVAC system: grinding and squealing sounds aren’t what you want to hear when you turn on your home’s AC. Strange sounds are typically problems with the internal components of the system, including issues with bearings or belts. Call on of our Home Comfort Technicians to get that checked out immediately!
Don’t wait until it’s too late!! Call Complete Home Solutions TODAY at 1-410-867-1202 for a FREE Home Comfort Evaluation so we can ensure that everything is operating just how it should be!