Thursday, August 31st, 2017 by Kelsey Harrison
This September, our nation will celebrate National Mold Awareness Month. The purpose of this month is to better educate the public on the dangers of indoor mold growth. Indoor mold growth is a scary thing, but it is almost inevitable in most homes. Toxic mold can cause symptoms in almost anyone, and some are so subtle that you may not even realize that you are suffering from these issues. Mold can cause conditions from allergy irritation and headaches to cancer.
Take this time in September to take a look around your home for any signs of mold. You might have mold in your home if you have the following:
Staining - If you see staining, chances are pretty good that water has been or is present, and when moisture is present, mold can grow. Because drywall and paint are generally easy to replace, cutting through or cutting out parts of the drywall will help locate the source of the staining.
Odor - Mold can be present without being visible. So if you walk into a room or a basement and smell a musty or other odor that's not in the realm of the ordinary, you might want to have it checked out.
Blistering - Peeling
or blistering paint can also mean water damage. Also watch out for bulging dry wall and screws and joints that have popped out. All are evidence of wood that has swelled and/or warped from repeated water exposure.
If you found any mold or are wondering if your home is susceptible to mold damage, feel free to give us a call. We are certified to remove and remediate any mold that may be in your home. At Complete Home Solutions, we want to make your home more comfortable and put those worries to rest. Schedule a Mold Inspection today. Call us at 410-867-1202.