Happy Earth Day 2021! This year's theme is "Restore Our Earth."At Complete Home Solutions our goal is to make homes more energy efficient and help lower the costs on your household and the economy-wide level. Besides making your home more energy efficient, here are some other ways you can restore our earth:
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. This phrase has been engrained in our heads for years and is a common household phrase. Though it may seem like common practice by now, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, “Americans recycle 34 percent of all the waste they create.”
- Shop wisely. Another common discussion is the use of plastic and reusable bags. Maryland has advanced legislation prohibiting retailers from using plastic bags in the future. Even though the state is making these steps, we can also make the personal decision to avoid using plastic bags.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room. At home or at work, make sure to turn off lights that you are not using.
- Educate. It is important to educate not only ourselves but those around us, especially younger generations, to make sure that the value of our natural resources is understood.
- Be car conscious. Now that a lot of things have a virtual option, including work and school, it is even easier to avoid driving. When you do have to drive, try to combine your errands. This will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and help restore our earth.
If we all work together, we can help Restore Our Earth! Call us 1-410-867-1202 and we can work together to be more energy efficient, starting with your home.